Sustainable Cities Internship Program
About the Program
Are you interested in getting experience in sustainability? The UA Office of Sustainability partners with local government and non-profit agencies throughout Tucson to provide sustainability-focused internships for current UA students. Our program is designed to place students in internships that best suit their interests, skill-set, and goals. Whether you are interested in learning more about sustainability, or are already highly specialized in a particular area, we can find a great position for you.
Through our internship program, the Office of Sustainability recruits and places students in off-campus internship positions with our partner host sites.
Please take a moment to review our placement process below:
- Apply: Complete our online application (see "Apply" below) by the application deadline. Upon close of the application period, students will be notified if they are selected for potential referral to a host site.
- Application Deadline March 25, 2018
- Discuss your interests with us: Selected students are invited for an informal interview with the SCIP program coordinator to discuss their interests and availability.
- Informal Interviews with SCIP Coordinator: March 26 - April 13
- Interviews & Hiring: After meeting with the SCIP coordinator, students are referred by our program to host sites. Host sites follow up with students for interviews and finally select students to hire as interns!
- Interviews Mid - late April. Hiring decisions made by 1st week of May at the latest. (for Summer and Fall 2018 positions)
- Must be a current UA student to apply
- The intern program is open to students studying at the sophomore level and above
- The program is open to all backgrounds and majors.
- Time Commitment - Most positions require a minimum of around 10 hours a week, however, you can work with your host site to determine your hours based on your availability.
- Compensation - Funding for positions depends on host-sites and varies based on projects and funding availability
- Credit - Students may use their internship to earn credit towards their degree. The Office of Sustainability does not manage or administer credits. Students are responsible for coordinating with their academic programs to ensure that they are properly enrolled and communicate with host-sites about any internship details required to fulfill academic credit.
Host Sites & Opportunities
Office of Sustainability works with our network of partners to facilitate exciting, valuable internship opportunities for students. Numerous positions are available with our partner host sites!
To apply, fill out our online application here.
Application Deadline: March 25, 2018.
Please contact the Office of Sustainability's Graduate Assistant Nichole Casebeer. email@example.com
On-Campus Student Projects
There are many ways to get involved in sustainability on campus! Check out these links or email us about ways to help out with the projects below.
- Agnese Nelms Haury Program in Environment and Social Justice: Undergraduate Engagement
- UA Zero Waste Basketball and Football Games
- UA Green Purchasing Project
- Spring Fling 2014
- Arizona Higher Education Sustainability Conference (AHESC)
- Project Pawprint
- UA Food Day (co-sponsor)
Explore Sustainability at UA through our new interactive webmap!